Day 1 - Here we go!

So it's taken me awhile to get started here, mostly because I'm not too tech savy and had trouble setting up a blog, giving the correct URL to TWT, etc., but here I am.

I'm very excited to begin this challenge and write every day for this very long month of March.  I've heard about this challenge for years and always had excuses, I suppose, for why I couldn't commit to write every day.  But now I'm ready.  I facilitate a writing group once a month, and tend to write mostly at my writing group.  I've loved writing much of my life, but it's always been the last thing I get down to.  There's always the laundry, the mail, the stuff you need to read, work related stuff, cooking dinner, errands, and all those tasks that take up much of your time.  Writing takes a back seat.

I'm a retired English teacher, but I teach adjunct classes in writing at Nassau, but that's only in the fall.  I do Long Island Writing Project work, as I am a Co-Director, so sometimes I have that to occupy a bit of my time.  I also work at a pre-K down the block, but I have a lot more free time this particular winter.  So my goal is to force myself to write daily, and, hopefully, I'll continue to get into that habit well beyond March.  Onward!

Comments

  1. I'm always amazed at what I learn when I begin writing every day about the bits and pieces life shares with us. Good luck on your own journey. It sounds like it will be a busy one full of writing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi! Thanks for sticking with it and welcome to #SOL19! So glad that you can share your passion here and we are all looking forward to providing the space, the encouragement, the support you need to keep at it! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to read some posts about that PreK work! I’ll be they are a fount of entertainment and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the club! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts