I will miss you!!!


Well here we are: March 31.  This was my first SOL challenge, and it’s been fruitful.  The first few days I was concerned about making my writing so important or read-worthy.  But then I just relaxed into it.  Around Day 19, I struggled for interesting topics.  I’d sit at the computer with a blinking cursor and not know how I was going to come up with something, anything, let alone an insightful or meaningful slice.  But the more you just sat, the more it just came.  Almost like waiting for thoughts and words yielded thoughts and words.  Perhaps that is my biggest takeaway: Make time for writing and it will come. 

I have to thank Morgan Davis, my “official SOL19 welcome wagon cheerleader” as she put it.  To see her comments every single day after I posted was so gratifying!  How can I thank you Morgan? Do you live in New York? Can I take you out to dinner?  I’d also like to thank Kathy Sokolowski, my dear writing project colleague and friend.  She is the slicer extraordinaire. I read her posts all year long and am so impressed with the depth and breadth of her writing and thoughts. What a mentor she is to so many people! I also thank Jennifer Kesler who responded regularly and so thoughtfully.  Cheers to Morgan, Kathy and Jennifer!

This slice of life community is so rich.  I read so many heartfelt, funny, important posts on such a range of topics.  Reading and commenting on posts was the dessert after writing the slice.  I welcome an extra hour back into my daily routine, although I do hope to continue writing.  As we usher in April and other commitments, I know I will miss you, my newfound writing community. Yes, I will miss you!!!

Comments

  1. What a great way to punctuate the end of the challenge! Thanks to YOU! I looked forward to your adventures and musings every day. And this: "Make time for writing and it will come. " is the lesson behind the name of my blog, "It's About Making Space." Making time and space today makes room for tomorrow's story. I imagine you will see slices calling out for you to write them long after the challenge is over. It has been a pleasure to join you in this space from my space in the Colorado mountains!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts