A Gorgeous Day!

Today is absolutely gorgeous in this neck of the woods.  It is 62 degrees and brilliantly sunny with a UV index of 5! This rarely happens in New York in March. 

I took a long walk with my daughter, and all birds and buds are on deck, celebrating this rebirth. The volume of the bird sounds even inside my house is turned on high. We have the windows wide open, even when it’s cold, because the windows function as Cat TV for these three felines we’re housing. So much is happening out in my backyard. There is so much squirrel activity to watch that my cats pass out early at the end of each day.  The daffodils and hyacinths provide a colorful backdrop to this scene.

I am hopeful and scared; both feelings coexist daily in this new moment. It is so reassuring to witness the changing of the season to spring. So reassuring. If spring is coming on schedule or even earlier than usual, how can the universe not return to some sane semblance of normal?

Comments

  1. Spring and sunshine do make us feel hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good day for which you were due. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the most gorgeous day! We did a nature walk and took pictures of signs of spring- there were so many. I love the part about the cats passing out early from all the squirrel activity! I am grateful that if this had to happen, it happened when spring is here so we can enjoy some nature and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts