A Letter to You

Dear beloved writing community,

I’m pretty sure I couldn’t have gotten through this as well without you!

You were a huge portion of my day.  I’m sure I spent a third of my day thinking about what to write, seeing and absorbing the world from a ‘writerly’ perspective, and then sitting down to actually write.  It was so thrilling to find the topic that would yield results. It was so thrilling to actually succumb to the Muse and let the words take me where they would. It was so thrilling to hit publish. Yeah, DONE! What a relief - another day posted.

Reading the blog posts and commenting on them became such a rewarding pastime. I enjoyed reading so many unique and insightful tales. I thought about many posts long after I read them.  And reading people’s comments on my blog posts was so validating! It just made me feel seen, understood. The fact that we were sharing this horrifying, never-before moment bonded us in a way we couldn’t imagine just a few weeks ago.

I will always remember you, this beautiful writing community, and all that we shared. I hope to see you Tuesdays (if I can remember which days will be Tuesday) and next March, when we’ll all understand this a little bit better.

Be strong, vibrant and healthy.

Namaste.

Comments

  1. I feel the same gratitude and appreciation for this wonderful writing community. Not only did I feel more connected than isolated this month, I also spent a big chunk of time each day thinking about writing and commenting on other people's writing, which gave a rhythm and routine to the day that really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know that losing-track-of-the-days feeling. I, too, have loved the flinging and receiving of our messages in bottles, especially the last two weeks of the month when joys have been harder to come by. I'm glad we've reunited in this writing community, Heidi. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts