Jittery Day!

It’s been a jittery day!  The crescendo of panicked texts that have been coming in, mostly from my crazed daughter, have helped to make this such a jittery day.  One by one, universities here in New York are closing their doors, some until the end of the month.  Many do have spring break next week anyway.  But Cornell is finishing the whole semester online! The community college I adjunct at in the fall, shut down today for at least a few days. A few local school districts have shut down classes due to two bus drivers having the Coronavirus.

The fact that ITALY is on lockdown is incomprehensible.  I don’t know how to wrap my head around that.  It certainly was difficult at 4 A.M. this morning when I lay awake, thinking of the abandoned Roman Coliseum and the near-empty plane headed for Rome, the last two images I watched before I went to bed.  What will happen? Where are we headed? Nobody knows.

I surely know how important it is to stay calm, and live healthily and wash your hands constantly, and don’t touch your face. Staying calm is harder than the other ‘new rules.’ 

I look forward to re-reading my blog posts a year from now, when I again embark on this SOL challenge, and think – oh yeah.  I remember back then.  What a crazy time that was.

Comments

  1. The way you toggle perspectives in this slice, near and far, short- and long-term, reveals writing's power to jitterbug through jittery thoughts/feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts