Life-Affirming Activities

 Yesterday we drove to the Long Beach boardwalk, about 20 minutes away.  Taking a robust walk with the backdrop of the ocean sounded like the perfect antidote to stress. It was around 55 degrees with the sun as strong as ever. It turns out everyone had the same idea!  The boardwalk was packed on this March day, more crowded than any other July or August day that I have walked on that boardwalk! There were streams of people walking and running on opposite sides, with bike riders in the middle.  It was like a festival of walking, running, and biking.  Was it safe to be outside with this crowd?  I just tried to adhere to the 6-foot rule.

I’m realizing during these insanely trying times that there are many life-affirming activities I really enjoy, that I look forward to in the course of these new days. I love my daily walk and stretching, walking while listening to music or walking just thinking through it all. I love being outside and cheering on the new buds that continually appear. I’m really enjoying connecting with this writing community and being “forced” to write every day. I’m starting a new book that I look forward to losing myself in. I made a chicken with havarti dish last night that was delicious, with Pinot Noir and Ghirardelli chocolate caramel squares for dessert.  And so it goes.





Comments

  1. I feel like a lot of us are going to find that walking on the beach or in the woods, reading books, cooking favorite meals, and drinking more wine than usual are decent ways to spend time. #silverlinings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think it is MOST important to focus on those activities that give us joy in this trying time. I had a glass of wine last night - just because it was a Sunday/Friday night kind of night. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts