WHAT I WOULD MISS...


Prompt taken from Paula B’s post yesterday:

“What will you Miss when you Die” from Natalie Goldberg’s Old Friend from Far away: The Practice of Writing Memoir

(This could also be called “These I Have Loved” from a section from Rupert Brooke’s poem “The Great Lover”)

 What I Would Miss… (from recent moments)

Brad’s understated sense of humor

Brad’s reassuring way of making everything better

Chelsea’s beautiful eyes and strawberry blonde hair

Her warmth and empathy permeating everything she does

Ariel’s wit and wisdom

Her love for new adventure (and cats)

Sharing fancy mother-daughter dinners in New York City

Trips to Aruba with its pristine shoreline and blue-green water

Mister’s soulful green eyes

Mister’s stance in front of the open window

Peonies and coneflowers bursting with color in May and June

Biting into an August tomato from my backyard

Ghirardelli milk chocolate squares with creamy caramel oozing out

Kung pao chicken (not spicy) from the Chinese food restaurant in Deer Park

The vision of seeing Portofino, Italy, when the boat docked

All the bougainvillea surrounding Portofino, and Naples, Florida.

The Ocean City, NJ boardwalk and brunch at the Beach Café.

These I have loved; these I would miss.

Did I mention bougainvillea?

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful list....have you read Amy Krouse Rosenthal's Textbook? It reminds me a little of some of her writing in there....she talks about the beauty of blue skies with green trees. That is something I would miss. Thank goodness you are healthy and here and can fully enjoy that amazing list of blessings and beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts