Acai Bowls

 Acai Bowls


I love acai bowls. I have them almost every day as my one main breakfast/lunch meal. My love for acai bowls began in Aruba, when I barely knew what acai was, and certainly didn’t know how to pronounce it correctly.  Eduardo’s beach shack, outdoors right on a magnificent ocean path, sold these most extraordinary fresh fruit bowls.  Acai was on the bottom with granola, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, pineapples, kiwi, coconut sprinkles, mango, orange, and peanut butter spread around.  You could really pick and choose from an infinite fruit menu. They also made Ahi tuna bowls, Aloha bowls, Waikiki bowls, but I stuck with the acai bowl.


The shack itself was filled with plants, and incredibly colorful pictures and plaques with very cool signs. “Eat plants, speak kindness, radiate love,” one said. “Do what makes your soul happy” read another, with pictures of ferns and coconuts. “Love our oceans, reduce plastics” featured a sweet picture of a sea turtle. 


You were buying not just a fruit bowl, but a state of mind. The splash of vibrant color, the exquisite fruit, the blue, green ocean a few steps away, it was … heaven, paradise. “You are exactly where you need to be,” I was reassured, with “Good vibes only.”


My daily acai bowl, even during a cold New York winter, takes me away to Eduardo’s beach shack, and a time of pure happiness.




Comments

  1. This sounds fabulous! If I ever get to Aruba, I hope I can visit Eduardo's beach shack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering and I'm picturing this spot in Aruba. Your bowl sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts