Currently...

 Currently…


I’m looking out the window, watching the rain fall 

Grateful I stole some pre-drizzle time for a walk this morning

As the day progresses, the rain progresses

A dull gray sky mirrors my mood.


Currently…


I’m reading Shuggie Bain and

Finding it unbearably sad

Looking forward to reading Caste

In time for the next book group


Currently…


I’m awaiting spring’s arrival 

Embracing daylight savings time

Looking forward to planting

And just plain being outside.


Currently…


I am snuggling with Ollie

His paws in the air

As he lazily lies on his back

Ariel’s adorable cat.


Currently…


Ollie is now engaged in  “shoulder baby”

Where he climbs way up on me 

Inhabits the space by my neck

Purring loudly at my face with his eyes closed


Currently…


I am uninspired

Stuck in March

Homebound, waiting

But taking comfort from a loving cat.

 






Comments

  1. I enjoyed the images you created here. I don't much like cats, but your description of the "shoulder baby almost made me want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading slices that use this structure. This gives me such a zoomed in view of your life at this moment. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ollie sounds like my cat, Daisy. She sits up near my neck and likes to snuggle with my on a fuzzy blanket. I like this approach to a slice. Thank you for the inspiration. It is raining here, and I am itching to get outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreary setting, comforting cat. Close call but, currently, the latter wins.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts