Book Spine Poem

Thanks to Ramona, Elisabeth and Terje for this cool idea...

I don’t believe I ever heard of a book spine poem... but what a novel idea to peruse your home bookshelves and figure out how beloved books can connect:



                                                Beloved

                                                Mrs. Dalloway

                                                Begin Again

                                                Behold the Dreamers

                                                Shout

                                                The Language of Flowers


I have read and really liked these 6 books. One of my all-time favorite books has to be Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. I just love the stream-of-consciousness flow of the book. My friend once said that I love Mrs. Dalloway because I am Mrs. Dalloway.  (I’m not sure that’s a compliment.)

All in all, this was a quick, easy way to create a slice. Only five more days left!







Comments

  1. Book spine poetry is such fun, especially when you pick some favorite books. Now I have some new titles for my to-be-read list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful poem that taps into the heart of the novel! (It's also my favorite novel by Woolf.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love book spine poems but I've never been able to write one. I think I don't have enough books around especially since I moved almost 7 years ago. I read a lot more digitally now to save on space. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did one yesterday! So much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have combined these to create a wonderful poem. I espcially love the one word book titles. My spine poetry will be this week. For some reason March 28th is my most pbulished date for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only five more days! Love spine poetry-- the combination of words and all that can be learned from the books that people use! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Novel idea" (wink, wink) The character in your spine poem sounds like quite a spitfire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work, Heidi. Book spine poetry is one of my favorite formats but I totally forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Mrs Dalloway- now I feel I should! Love your book spine poem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the titles pile up and become a poem. I also like how seeing the poems always adds something to the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts