Dinner and a Movie

 Last night my daughter surprised us with take-out dinner from Chat Noir, a French bistro near us. She is in Toronto, and it was a gift for cat sitting her 2 cats for several weeks. We did have to drive out in the snow to pick it up - but it was so worth it. She ordered chicken Marsala, rigatoni with broccoli in a garlic parmesan sauce, and pear pecan bleu cheese salad. So delicious! Add the wine and the cannolis and we were in epicurean heaven.

Afterwards we searched for a movie we could both agree on. Often that search takes many turns and minutes, and we end up going our separate ways. My husband found "The Godfather" on Google Play. I had just recently thought about seeing it, finally, after reading that it was celebrating its 50th anniversary. I usually hate gory, violent movies, and I had, of course, heard about the bloody horse's head scene. My younger self was not ready for this movie, but last night I was in. We wound up watching the whole 3-hour movie in one sitting.

Today is a similar weekend day to yesterday - frigid temperatures, gusty winds, unspring-like windchills. There is much work to do at home during the day, with those enticing Chat Noir leftovers on the horizon.

"How about Godfather Part II tonight?" I asked.

"I'll be there," said my husband.

Comments

  1. Fittingly I think this quote is from Godfather III: "Every time I try to get out, they keep pulling me back in."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts