In the early morning rain...

I indulged in an early Sunday morning walk today. I decided to venture out before the impending rains. The severe weather alert on my phone read: patchy dense fog. It didn't look too severe. And I kind of like fog, except of course when you're driving. Fog adds that kind of Dickensian backdrop to any scene. Forty-eight degrees felt warm, and I did not see a soul for the first mile. Just a whole lot of birds chanting at fever pitch. What a joy to embrace this outside world, and to feel healthy in my Asics, with no knee issues, ankle issues or recent stubbed-pinky-toe issues. 

These walks, this embracing of nature, is what has kept me somewhat sane during the pandemic. Then my thoughts turned to Ukraine, to an outside world on fire. People outside fleeing, fighting - their world all torn up. I saw blue and yellow bows tied on a tree, here, thousands of miles away. We are connected. Their pain is our pain.

The light rain that was predicted to begin in 19 minutes, did begin. I walked closer to home, more quickly. You never know when light rain becomes heavy. The rain felt reassuring this morning, awakening my senses, making me grateful to be in Nature's hands. 

Comments

  1. I have also embraced walking and connecting with nature during the pandemic. It is also what has kept me somewhat sane. You are so right - we are connected and their pain is our pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heidi, what a lovely post. I like taking a walk with you in the Dickensian fog, with your thoughts for Ukraine. And this lovely and true line: "making me grateful to be in Nature's hands."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts