In this Moment

It is absolutely storming here today. Heavy rains and gusty winds look to give way to afternoon snow. No pressure to venture out. I shall make the most of this inside day. I plan to reunite with my to-do list.

My husband is on the Peloton, doing a classic rock ride suggested by my daughter in her latest text. I plan to get on the Peloton after lunch. I am just meandering around blog posts and hoping to focus on argument writing plans for my next class. I have stacks of newspapers to go through, articles saved from days gone by. I plan on straightening up my work mess in front of me on the dining room table.

Ollie jumps up on the table and into my lap and gets between my body and the computer. He edges up my chest towards my face. He loves to do what we call "shoulder baby" which involves his receiving major petting under his chin and over his forehead while situated near a shoulder. He purrs so loudly. He interrupts my chain of thought as I write on the computer, and I welcome it and him. It is a day for cats, for writing and being in the moment.

Comments

  1. Inside day: yay! Enjoy the respite, productivity optional :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts