Manicures for Mister, Ollie and Benny

 I have been watching Ollie and Benny for my daughter for a few weeks while she is on multiple business trips. Ollie and Benny, along with my cat Mister, desperately needed their nails cut. It suddenly became in imminent item on my to-do list, as I watched them claw my couch and scratch on the carpet.

In the past when we have tried to cut just Mister's nails, it has been quite the production, resulting with blood on Mister and scratches on me. Somehow when other people do it, strangers out there, the cats just comply. My younger daughter really has a knack for cutting cats' nails, but we're not seeing her soon enough.

Finding a place that cuts cats' nails proved to be quite a feat this time around. The vet charges $78 and bills it as an office visit; Poochie Parlor which used to cut nails doesn't since Covid. The cat rescue place, All About Cats, Mister's first home, no longer does. The local grooming places were too booked. Finally, I connected with 'Wendy's Doggie Day Spa and Kitty Care.' We had a 5:30 appointment last night.

Luring them into their carriers can be quite challenging. The cacophony of three cats meowing continued as we made the drive to Wendy's Spa during rush hour. Finding a parking space nearby was near impossible. In addition, it was sleeting. Finally, with my husband's help, we carried our menagerie of cats down the busy street, and Wendy cut their nails in record time.  Phew.

Comments

  1. Who knew that this service would be so hard to find? Sounds to me like your younger daughter, the one with "a knack for cutting cats' nails" may have a lucrative future of which she never dreamed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts