March Monday

 It is the end of a long March Monday. Monday is the day I teach my 3-hour synchronous on-line graduate class, and I spend many of the hours beforehand preparing, revising my previous plan, and then revamping it again. Not sure why I keep obsessing over some things, but that has been the way Monday has gone lately. When the class is over, I say to my husband, "The weekend is here!" and it does feel like my weekend begins on Monday night.

Immediately after the class was over today, I watched a long distance live-streamed Zoom wedding, a first for me. The groom is the son of a friend in my writing group; he also went to school with my younger daughter. The Florida setting was lovely, with a lake in the distance, behind the chuppah. The homemade vows were truly beautiful and powerful, and I cried as they cried. I cried at a Zoom wedding, a first for me.

After that, I had agreed to go on a Zoom workshop to figure out how to create online workshops with the Writing Project. Since technology is really not my forte, I was more of a listener, there to support the team. Then I ate dinner, and now I am back on computer, attempting to craft a coherent piece of writing to post online.

Too much computer time on a long March Monday. But since "the weekend is here," I intend to return to the real world tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Yup, today sounds like one long screen marathon... That said, I love the perspective of the weekend arriving after Monday. Based on a snippet like this, I'd say you're wearing semi-retirement well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how your weekend starts on Monday night! Ha! You were a trooper to do it all and I appreciate you being at the meeting. The zoom wedding sounds so interesting. Hope you find some time to relax after the long day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts