Reflections at a Duck Pond

 Today I wound up at a duck pond. I knew I needed a new environment to walk in; I knew I craved newness. It was a vibrant pond with luscious dark navy-blue rippling waves glistening in the afternoon sunlight. There were so many wading and swimming ducks, seagulls and even swans.

I kept thinking that I could no longer contain my yearning - for warmer weather, for flowers outside, for eating outside in comfortable temperatures. I'm longing to really be with people again, longing to feel comfortable. Sometimes the longing is just too intense in March, particularly these last two Marches. I can't wait another day for nature to blossom and life to open up again.

I tried to redirect my thoughts to what I'm grateful for in this precious moment. I pondered the Mary Oliver question: "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Perhaps the answer will come on tomorrow's walk.

Comments

  1. Ah, it seems I have found the other Heidi. :)
    I really felt your introspective moment on your walk today -- on this precipice of spring (while it snows out here), and wanting to move forward, but there is this small trepidation. I hope you find your answer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious a walk can be to make us ponder and reflect. I understand this March yearning. I understand the feeling of being on the cusp of something new, even just WANTING something new. You have a way with words and I love how you tied this post up neatly with the end quote. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts