An Unquiet Mind

 What a long day! I awoke at 4 AM with all the minute details of my life parading before me. I could not quiet my mind to go back asleep.

I began worrying about the upcoming mini conference happening next Friday. I planned to zoom with my colleague today to iron out a a lot of the mundane details of the conference, as well as figure out our plans for the upcoming professional development workshops happening soon after the conference. Why I chose 4AM to begin thinking about what to put in the folders and working out the schedule is beyond me.

I'm going away tomorrow for several days, and a lot is left undone here. So I spent much, if not all of today, in a manic state, trying to tackle all issues, big and small. It's time now to return to calm. I'm fully packed, almost done with this humdrum blog post, and hoping sleep comes easier tonight.

Comments

  1. I hope you get a better night's sleep and enjoy your days away without the worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 AM seems to be one of those awful times when it's too early to get up, but hard to get back to sleep. I hope you sleep well tonight and that all goes well with the conference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts