Gathering Colors

 I have been gathering my colors to bring to Leigh Anne's slicer party - and here they are.

Behold - the most beautiful magenta color found in the bougainvillea bushes surrounding the hills of Portofino, Italy, summer of 2019

Behold - the most beautiful dark blue color of the sky as day meets dusk meets nightfall. I would visualize that rich navy blue when my yoga teacher would ask us to close our eyes and breathe in the deepest bluest color

Behold - the twinkling green in Mister's big beautiful soulful cat eyes that make me succumb to his every whim

Behold - the creamy brown soft chocolate ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles from Marvel's in Long Beach on a warm summer evening with my family

Behold - the newly-sprung purple crocuses in my backyard, harbingers of spring and all the beauty in nature that is to come

Behold - the bright orange in the NY Mets jerseys as baseball season gets underway soon

Behold - the pretty pink peonies, pink coneflowers, pink crape myrtle trees, and pink vinca that adorn spring and summer gardens

Behold - the delicious reddish orange home-grown tomatoes from my yard that debut at the end of August

Behold - a plethora of flaming oranges, reds and yellows when you drive around New Paltz, NY or Manchester, Vermont in peak foliage season


"I see trees of green, red roses too, I see them bloom, for me and you. And I think to myself... what a wonderful world."  - Louis Armstrong



Comments

  1. I really like how you adapted this format by starting each sentence with 'behold'. It raises the colours on a pedestal and supports your position that they are the best colours. I also like your use of descriptive language - I could clearly visualize each and every colour. Heidi (Wordsmithing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the repetition of “behold” and the various places you found your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I love the title "Gathering Colors" and your beautiful word choice in creating this beauty. The details like "bougainvillea bushes surrounding the hills of Portofino, Italy, summer of 2019" show the specific color that you remember, and it convinces the reader that those really are the best colors of you. What a wonderful world, indeed. Nice addition of the lyrics from "What a Wonderful World."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your slice is like a rainbow turned up to eleven. Thanks for sharing this wonderful day brightener.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts