Last Time with the Phantom

 My daughter got two front row seats for Phantom of the Opera for today, March 1, the auspicious opening day of the SOL March challenge. It was sort of a mistake, those tickets. She meant to sign up for a lottery for the evening performance but then accidentally clicked on for the matinee, and she got them: $40 a ticket and yes, front row. Then she had to decide if she really could rearrange her schedule and find someone, anyone, to go with her on a Wednesday at 2 o'clock.

That's where I come in. We've shared many Phantom of the Opera adventures together, since she was a young musical theatre lover. Over the years I think she's gone maybe 20 times; not sure of my actual tally but it could be 8 or 10. It's not so much the story for me, but the music - the music just speaks to my soul. I used to think it would be a fun retirement job for me to be an usher at the theatre and be immersed in that beautiful music several times a week.

Another important piece of this is that Phantom of the Opera on Broadway is closing for good on April 16th, and we were already lamenting that closing. It has been running since 1988. 

So I'm off to the city, getting on a train in a few hours. I am still recovering from hip surgery that I had six weeks ago, but that's a story for another day. I haven't done anything like this in a while, and I think I'm ready.

Comments

  1. Have a great time! I love musical theater, but for some reason I have never seen Phantom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi! It's our annual reunion :) Hope you & your daughter enjoyed the show, and I look forward to reconnecting with you as this month of slices unfolds...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts