Nine Things I'm Grateful for on March 9, Day 9

 1. Mister, my beloved cat, is rolled up in a ball against the side of my leg right now as I write this. He has been my emotional support caretaker each day for the six weeks I have been recovering from hip surgery. He has been sleeping on my bed, for hours on end, offering warmth and devotion. I am sincerely indebted to Mister.

2. Gratitude for my husband is next on the list, and of course this list is not in any particular order. He has had to do the cooking and cleaning, and at the beginning, serving me meals in bed after surgery. He has been so patient and giving and compassionate.

3. I am walking well again, and for that I am so very grateful. Today I walked over two miles and it's so good to get out there again.

4. Crocuses are coming out, despite the cold, and I am grateful for the promise of spring and the flowers and bushes that will soon adorn my front and back yards.

5. I am so grateful for my first-born daughter who is an accomplished lawyer. She and I are very close, and we speak often and share stories - and dinners out  - and vacations, and just a lot of fun living.

6. Then there's my second-born daughter who is an amazing psychologist. She is warm and loving and a joy to be around. We share a similar world view and a love for the theatre. She is a beautiful soul.

7. I am grateful for the career I chose. Whether I've taught 7th grade, 12th grade, or college students, teaching writing and English has always fulfilled me.

8. I give thanks for several close friends and family members. They've been there for the happy times and the struggles.

9. The sun is setting right now, and I am grateful for the natural world that is filled with such beauty and mystery. I love mountains and oceans. I am grateful for having witnessed the beauty of Banff and Portofino, Italy, two exquisite far-away places.


                                  ...Thanks to Elyse K. for this idea today.

Comments

  1. Love this list - from Mister, the cat, to your Mister, daughters, a fulfilling career, and crocuses (aren't they the best sign of spring?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doses of gratitude feel to me a little like a vaccine. After I get some, I feel at once better and protected. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts