Trader Joe's Crunchy Curls - You Win!

 It is currently the time between lunch and dinner, the only time of the day that I get really hungry. This is the danger period of the day. I am scrolling through blog posts stopping here and there to comment when I am overcome by that desire to eat a snack. I could and should eat an Envy apple; I love Envy apples. They are my favorite. I could and should eat carrots and celery that are already washed and ready to eat in the fridge. I could and should have a piece of gum and just exit the kitchen area. 

But no. I am currently eating Crunchy Curls from Trader Joe's. Underneath the clever name of Crunchy Curls are the words: "A Tasty Lentil & Potato Snack." They come in a beautiful glossy bag with an enlarged rendering of many Crunchy Curls nestled together. They proclaim that you're getting three grams of protein in each serving, and they suggest that there should be more lentil snacks. (There's lots of informational writing on the back of the bag.) Sounds good, except for one thing. There are 130 calories per serving, wherein you get 31 curls. There are 6 servings in a bag, and of course I'm thinking what if I eat the whole bag - 130 X6 = ? What if I eat half the bag? Now we're talking 390.

I generally try not to keep snacks in the house for this reason. But sometimes I buy a bunch for the occasional visitor. Today I am that occasional visitor. I vow to eat an apple tomorrow.




Comments

  1. Trader Joe's makes the best snacks! I haven't tried those yet. My faves are the quinoa and black bean tortilla chips. I tend to do the same with the calorie nutrition/information. Before long, I'm past my limit. I like that you're treating your "occasional visitor." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just need crunch and a delicious Envy apple just doesn't cut it. (They are my favorite apples too!) Now, this is a slice I can relate to. After raiding my cabinet and frig after school today, I settled on Chobani Zero Sugan Key Lime Pie yogurt. I saw it sitting on the shelf at the supermarket and thought maybe it would be a healthy snack - one without extra sugar. Only 60 calories..... but HORRID! I feel nausious! Better to stick with the Crunchy Curls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge chip girl! I think I need to try these...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like a variation of the horror-movie cliche: The call is coming from inside the house! Except in this case, the line is: "Today I am that occasional visitor." Latter is much less horrifying; highly amusing, actually; best wishes for happy snacking in all forms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I go to my cookies that I keep safely frozen for guests. I feel awful about it but find the treat quit delectable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts