Winter Beach Moments

Today our area was holding one of these public shredding and e-cycling events at Point Lookout Beach. I know it sounds like a rather thrilling (!) adventure but I decided to accompany my husband because a beach visit afterwards was in order. We did need to drop off these giant binders filled with thousands of papers that required professional shredding. We also had computers and monitors from ages ago that needed to be recycled out.

The beach provided a welcome change of scenery on this early March day in New York. It was in the 40-degree range, but it was ever so bright and sunny. Instead of going to the usual crowded beach with a boardwalk, we chose a remote beach nearby where the sand was surprisingly smooth and where it felt like you were walking on an even road. Larger seagulls and many tiny baby seagulls were running in and out of the ocean. The waves were lively, and the clouds were wispy, and it just felt so good to applaud this beach scene. We walked and talked and enjoyed the feeling of being swept away.

And then came the shirtless jogger. He was running with only shorts on and no shoes. It was a windy 40 degrees I might emphasize. And he ran with such aplomb, and such joy and vigor. As he came towards us, I gave him a thumbs up, and he smiled and waved. Kudos to the shirtless jogger.


Comments

  1. Sounds like a delicious adventure!! My husband and I just spontaneously went to the beach after dropping our kids off at my mom's hah. Now, I'm in Houston and the weather was 73 yesterday, so you might laugh at me that I had a sweatshirt on 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagery in your slice took me to the beach, where I was not expecting to go today. Thanks for the getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a beautiful place to be! How good you could recycle stuff too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts