6 Word Memoir: NYC Morning

Rode Uber with my cat Mister

Bringing him to my daughter’s apartment.

Driver holding phone, distracted throughout ride

Avoided highway traffic, traversing side streets

Winding up in chaotic local traffic.


Afternoon heavy rains and flooding predicted

But I needed to walk Manhattan

Rainy week and not enough walking.

So I headed down Third Avenue

And stopped at a few shops.


NYC is filled with haves/ have-nots

Great wealth and real poverty coincide.

City of tremendous beauty and contradictions

I headed to Grand Central Station

Ready for the train headed home

The rain had begun to fall.


Comments

  1. You captured the mood of the day, and the city, so well! Hope you had a relaxing ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your poem and the 6 word format. So much rain in NYC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a form that I had forgotten about. There is rain in Northern Virginia today and it kicked up the sinus infection I have had for a month. Your travels throughout the city made me reminisce about NYC. We moved 3 years ago to VA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi! This worked so beautifully. I love the way you were able to tell a whole story with 6 word memoirs for each line. Hope Mister enjoyed his adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts