Aruba Swim

“There’s no better place to be,” I overheard a woman in the water who was near me say. 

I am in Aruba, under a palapa, after having enjoyed a lengthy swim that ranks as one of the best swims ever. The beach water here is this azure, teal blueish glistening color. It looks like the lake waters you see in Banff. The ocean is unlike our New York oceans. It is so calm with only a rare gentle wave. It’s truly an infinite luscious pool. It is always warm here, and this time warmer than usual. It’s probably 85 degrees with a soothing ocean breeze.

What’s so extraordinary about Aruba is that you are pretty much guaranteed gorgeous weather. On the questionnaire you fill out before you go to Aruba it asks the reason for your travel. One of the choices is “reliable weather.” Where can you find that in this world, reliable anything? I do have to say there has been a seaweed situation (influx of sargassum) that my haircutter Tracie warned me about when she was here in February, and they had to close off access to the beach. Yesterday there was some seaweed in a few isolated places, but not today. Nothing is perfect, but this place comes pretty close. There is no better place to be. At least for me, in this moment.


Comments

Popular Posts