If you were to have coffee with me today...

If you were to have coffee with me today…


You’d be in Aruba, and I’d probably take you to Eduardo’s Beach Shack. We’d get an iced coffee because it’s 85 degrees. I’d treat you to an amazing acai bowl, the best I’ve ever had. It was here in Aruba that I first discovered acai bowls a few years ago. Today’s acai bowl would contain granola, berry acai, lots of bananas, strawberries and blueberries smothered in peanut butter. Hold the Nutella please.

We would exclaim at the beauty in front of us, noticing the palm trees as they rustle in the wind in front of the blue-green ocean. We would chat about topics that we’ve been thinking about.

One thing I’ve been thinking about are life’s imperfections, yes even in Aruba. There’s been a surge of seaweed in the ocean that was not previously an issue. There is more security around than last year. It feels like things that once seemed near perfect are tainted. Is it since Covid? Is it due to rapid climate change with so many places around the world affected? Is it the political unrest in our country that is tearing us apart and making me lose my mind occasionally? Is it my aging?

I’m also wondering about my daughters’ relationships. How do you know if someone is right for you for the rest of your life? How do you weigh the pros and cons of a potential life partner?

What are the issues that are on your mind today? 


                        (Inspired by Elisabeth E's post today)


Comments

  1. Oh wow, I will definitely take you up on that iced coffee and acai bowl. That sounds amazing! So many difficult things to weigh on our minds these days. The state of the world would definitely furnish some of our conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now-Aruba, Iced Coffee, Acai bowl, and good controversial discussions. I'd love to join you. I think fresh water will end up being our biggest worry and issue-here at home and globally. Loved your inviting story. :) I cannot select my profile 'Debbie Lynn' for my SOL blog...sorry. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Elizabeth's annual "If you were to have coffee with me..." Aruba sounds heavenly. When you return home if you're craving a acai bowl, there's a wonderful place in the town of Oyster Bay that sells them... and healthier versions as well using veggies instead of fruit! Having coffee with you would be inspiring because you are so observant about the world around you and are always so honest in your reflections. Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts