Joining the Word Buffet

Leigh Ann has invited us to a word buffet.

Here are my words that I really enjoy, either for what they represent or for the way they sound. 

Ranunculus – “are cool season flowers that grow best in spring-like temperatures of about 55 degrees F.” “Ranunculus boast beautiful, bright colored flowers with ruffled petals on straight stems. Ranunculus are true showstoppers.”

 I love them and try not to miss their short season since they only grow for about a month in early spring. I’m sure they’re out now, and I will have to get some very soon.

            ***********************

Ephemeral – “lasting for a very short time”

I like this idea that some things are fleeting and must be savored now. I’d say ranunculus are part of this ephemeral season. Sadly, by May they are gone.

           ************************

Harbinger – “Something that foreshadows a future event: something that gives an anticipatory sign of what is it come. Robins, crocuses and other harbingers of spring…”

This word directly connects to my previous words. Ranunculus are harbingers of spring and they are, indeed, ephemeral.

            ***************************

Plethora – “a large or excessive amount of (something)”

This is a fun word to say, and really just means lots. I intend to buy a plethora of new plants, including ranunculus (which is harder to say).

            **************************

Charcuterie – “French term that refers to prepared meats, such as sausage, ham, bacon and pate.” “Charcuterie boards which typically have an array of both cured meats and cheeses, have become increasingly popular.”

I’ve included this as my last word just because it’s so fun to say and it’s a real mouthful. I tend to like cheese boards more than the meaty boards, and they’re fun to order. Some come with figs and grapes and jams, and they’re just fun to nibble on.

            *************************

So I’ll bring a charcuterie board to the buffet, along with some beautiful ranunculus. Thanks for the invite, Leigh Ann.











Comments

  1. A very creative response to Leigh Anne's invite. I love the connections you made between your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have clearly brought a great collection of words to the "table." I might need this group as the WORDS are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating in the word buffet! I love that you are bringing a charcuterie especially since it took me forever to pronounce this word correctly when it first became popular! LOL! And now I want to go look up those flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts