Mister's Upcoming Adventure




Mister is staring at me now as I write on the computer. He stands behind my computer and then eyes the very high-up window behind me which he sometimes jumps up to, in order to keep tabs on the birds and squirrels on the neighbor’s roof. Mister, at 7 ½, is such an integral part of our family. I stare at his soulful eyes and the dots around his mouth as I watch him start to play with the pencil and highlighter surrounding my writing pads. 

He doesn’t know what’s in store for him tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be taking him to the big city, New York City, to spend several days with his two “brothers” who live in an upper east side apartment with my daughter. We will be away for a bit, and I suppose he’s better off with his cat buddies - Ollie and Benny - and a cat sitter, than staying home. Last time we did this he came back with renewed love (perhaps even devotion?) for his home and us. But I always feel a little sad. I’m gonna miss you, Mister!

He’s usually so good about the hourlong Uber ride. He just chills in his carrier and doesn’t utter a meow. I think he appreciates the adventure. It’s when we first get to the apartment that Benny could very well hiss at him and declare his territory. Benny does that even when he comes to my house for a visit. In time, they will adjust to each other. Ollie, the other cat is sort of the opposite of Benny. He will be thrilled to greet Mister. Ollie loves attention, loves people and is a funny cat who does silly antics, like falling asleep inside the bathroom sink or jumping into a suitcase as you’re about to pack. He was most certainly a comedian in his prior life. 

So there you have it. Mister is booked for an adventure, and so are we.

 

Comments

  1. I'm sure Mister will be happy to be around other feline friends while you are gone. Here's to a great adventure for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you can't put a little camera on Mister to be able to see the antics! Have a safe and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Mister is so cute. I'm sure he'll have tons of fun with his cat buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand your love of Mister and I've enjoyed reading about him through your blogging for the last few years. I hope Mister loves his adventure and spending some time in the big city while you take your adventure, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts