Plane Thoughts

I’m on the plane ride back to New York

Sipping Ginger Ale and eating plantain chips. 

I’m leaving Paradise and returning to - 

My regularly scheduled life.


No more long morning walks by the ocean

No more swimming in the sea

No more outdoor daytime meals 

At Eduardo’s Beach Shack or Scott’s Brats.


I wish to bring back with me

The peace that I felt in the warm sun

Always surrounded by palm trees and blue sky

Fully breathing in each moment.


I wish to bring back with me

That sense of newness, an openness to possibility

Renewed desire to embrace adventure 

And make each day count.


As we begin our descent into the New York area

I’m grateful for Spring arriving next week 

For the daffodils and crocuses that have already bloomed

Ushering in the season of hope and rebirth. 




Comments

Popular Posts