Thinking About Peonies

Thinking about Peonies

 (as I’m looking at the photograph of peonies on my table taken by my friend Heather)

************************************************************* 

I’m not sure when my love of gardening and flowers first started

But I can trace my love of peonies to Ricky’s June wedding a bunch of years ago.

There were pink and white and magenta peonies gracing all the tables of this wedding extravaganza

And the perfumed scent of those peonies pervaded the room, and my soul.

I went home and planted peonies and now every year in May and June those pink and white and magenta peonies sparkle in front of my house. 

Even though Ricky’s marriage turned out not as beautiful as the peonies that graced those tables, the peonies continue to be a source of inspiration and joy.











Comments

  1. I love peonies too! They are so pretty and full of promise. Sorry for Ricky's marriage- but good to find inspiration and joy where we can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love and appreciate the beauty of flowers. Peonies are just beautiful. Flowers can bring color and joy into our lives. Now that I think about it, the happy times in our lives have flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts