Thoughts after a 5-mile walk

It finally warmed up after a Saturday of relentless rain

And a Sunday that was oh-so cold and windy.


It is now a warm 52 degrees and the wind has died down. 

The sun is brilliant as are the daffodils and pink tree buds 

That line the streets here. 

I am feeling calm and peaceful, 

Reflecting on the beauty and promise

 of a new season. 


Last night’s moon was magnificent 

A giant whitish ball in the dark blue sky.

How lucky to inhabit this earth, this moment

To feel gratitude for being able to 

Indulge in nature’s ever-changing performance.


Comments

  1. Beautiful piece Heidi. I love your writing. Such a message of hope and gratitude and beauty on your walk. Thank you. A breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last stanza and how you express gratitude for the beauty of our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of the moon! It wows me. I saw the moon too! I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too looked up at the sky in the car on my way home from Montauk las tnight and saw that huge ball of white. The moon always amazes me. I love your connection to nature and how you appreciate the beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts