Vernal Equinox

“You’re not gonna be happy when you’re going this way!” my neighbor who was walking towards me on the opposite side of the street said, chuckling.

There was indeed a biting wind on this Vernal Equinox, but I assumed a robust stride walking with the wind at my back. It has been a roller coaster of weather lately – one day it’s in the 70s and today it’s 40-something with a windchill in the 30s. But that hasn’t stopped the spring flowers from sprouting. The cluster of bright yellow daffodils are attempting to hold their ground against the wind. The purple, yellow and white crocuses are standing up tall, albeit closer to the ground. And little bits of pink are starting to appear on cherry trees. I believe I see heather growing.

I’m thrilled that we’re here, that the moment has arrived, and that we’re ushering in this new and glorious season.

                            




Comments

  1. The noticings of a new season.... so hopeful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I see the changes here in Northern Virginia. We were super excited to see my dwarf Weeping Cherry tree blooming. Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts and photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts